- Foundation Center Foundation Directory Online is the nation’s leading online resource for funding research. Over 108,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors, over 3 million recent grants, and over half a million key decision makers.Up to nine comprehensive databases: grantmakers, companies, grants, 990’s, plus news, publications, nonprofit literature and jobs. COST/COMPREHENSIVE
- Foundation Search Foundation Search is the premier, fully searchable, online database of foundations for the serious prospect researcher, containing vital information about the funding history, preferences and contacts of over 100,000 US foundations. It provides the specific information you need to approach the most qualified prospects with compelling reasons why your project fits their vision. COST/COMPREHENSIVE
- iWave PRO (Prospect Research Online) Prospect Research Online (PRO) is the leading online database created solely for non profit organizations. Prospect Research Online provides detailed information on individuals, foundations and corporations – information that is invaluable for your organization when sourcing major gifts. COST/COMPREHENSIVE
- Grants.gov Grants.gov is your source to FIND and APPLY for federal grants. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is proud to be the managing partner for Grants.gov, an initiative that is having an unparalleled impact on the grant community. FREE/COMPREHENSIVE
- UrbanMinistry.com Christian Grants and Faith-Friendly Foundations Christian grants and faith-friendly foundations. Also secular foundations. FREE/BASIC
- Grant Gopher Provides grant opportunities, deadlines, grant awards and research. Good value for the service provided. COST/DETAILED
Basecamp Basecamp is the leading web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, and milestones. LOW COST/NOT SPECIFIC TO NONPROFIT DEVELOPMENT
Raiser’s Edge Designed for nonprofits of all shapes and sizes, it’s the trusted fundraising management solution of more than 13,000 organizations worldwide. MID-to-HIGH COST/SPECIFIC TO NONPROFIT DEVELOPMENT
Gift Mapping Strategies Gift Mapping Strategies is a comprehensive major donor development program. MIDDLE RANGE COST/SPECIFIC TO NONPROFIT DEVELOPMENT
FirstGiving is dedicated to one purpose: empowering passionate nonprofit supporters to raise more money than they ever thought possible for the causes they care about.
Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects.
Future Fundraising Now – Jeff Brooks has moved the popular ‘Donor Power’ blog to this new site. Jeff constantly produces thought provoking and educational posts on all aspects of fundraising. A constant source of insight.
Beth’s Social Media Blog – Don’t know your Facebook from your Twitter? Beth posts on all aspects of social media and how they relate to non-profits.
Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog – Lots of great posts on all aspects of non-profit marketing.
Getting Attention – Nancy Schwartz’s blog helps non-profits improve their marketing. Her annual tagline competition is particularly useful.
101 Fundraising – a collection of articles from fundraisers around the world. A great concept and some fantastic articles on all aspects of fundraising.